Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Shattered Glass


I had a dream last night that we were friends. best friends.
That you knew my middle name and I knew yours.
We talked and hung out late.
When It got dark we went outside for a walk.
In my dream we toke film photographs,
of the stars and passing cars.


Never have I had a dream that felt so real,
 I could smell the autumn trees and the scent of a campfire,
It was like I knew you my whole life,
You were happy and so was I
You told me all about your day
 and it felt good to just talk.
To just sit in the grass and just not care about anything, 

but you.


I stared at you for along time,
and then you said,

"Someday w.."

A bell rang through the air and you broke like glass
and that's when I knew you were a dream.
I stared at my bedroom ceiling for what felt like an hour.

It was nice to pretend that we were real.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I like you. This is good. I really like the last lines.

    Cheers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I like you. This is good. I really like the last lines.

    Cheers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really really good. I can't pick a favorite line but i loved when she broke like glass and was cut off short of what she had to say, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shit.
    Why didn't someone show me this sooner?

    "A bell rang through the air and you broke like glass
    and that's when I knew you were a dream.
    I stared at my bedroom ceiling for what felt like an hour.

    It was nice to pretend that we were real."

    The music was a good touch as well.

    ReplyDelete