Sunday, April 7, 2013

Six Words

Van

Do you remember how it was?
When we would ride our bikes,
How the grass was still wet,
How your tires lost their grip,
Remember, you had scraped your knees,
and I softly rubbed them better
The sun glistened in your eyes,
I will never forget your smile.

Van

Do you remember our river dam?
The big one in the park?
Remember the water was so cold,
We found that half buried wheelbarrow,
That we used to carry rocks,
We would spend all day building,
We would walk home at sunset
With dirt stains in our shorts.

Shara


Remember when we would go camping?
And would stare at the stars,
They were so bright up there,
A sound rippled through the air,
I swear the trees had whispered,
A whisper so faint and quiet,  
So quiet only I could hear,
Six sad words through my ear,

"please, don't grow up to fast"

Molly


Janie
Shara







1 comment:

  1. I love the one photo with the girl hiding her face.
    That's a well taken picture.
    I salute you

    ReplyDelete