Friday, March 8, 2013

Face Down in the Ocean

Under by Balam Acab on Grooveshark

I am a piece of driftwood,
I'd tell you different if I could,
I've always wanted to sail but not this way,
If only this ocean didn't wash me away.
love has lead me astray,
stupid, pointless, foul play.

I've never felt so alone,
Torn, my broken heart shown,
My tree rings are eroding,
My soul is corroding,
I can't stop floating,
Where's my bark coating?

A small heart carving,
Sad uncontrollable starving,
Face down in the ocean,
Truly unknown emotion,
Was your love just lust?
How could you break my trust?

Why can't I just sink and drown,
Mute my lousy heart's pound,
There is nothing to see out here,
In an ocean shed from a tear,
Oh, Lighthouse, if only you could hear,
Will I ever reach your pier?

I'm scared to drown in my deepest fears
My bottomless sea made of tears.
It's painful, I'm sorry that I care,
But I just can't let my heart repair.

Balam Acab - See Birds






4 comments:

  1. "I've always wanted to sail but not this way."
    "There is nothing to see out here, in an ocean shed by a tear."
    You're a fantastic writer. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this writing was so graceful, now I'm floating in a sea of your words!
    "But I just can't let my heart repair."-stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've always wanted to sail but not this way."
    Perfect. Perfect.
    I understand you.

    THANKYOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I am a piece of driftwood,
    I'd tell you different if I could,
    I've always wanted to sail but not this way,
    If only this ocean didn't wash me away."

    All taken. This is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete